There are important reasons for picking a New Zealand IT partner.
- You get faster performance.
- Your files are kept in New Zealand.
- You get local support.
- You know who you’re dealing with.
- You aren’t dependent on overseas internet links.
So you fire up Google, search for a company that ends in .co.nz, and problem solved, right?
Maybe. But maybe not.
Some New Zealand providers keep your files overseas
They might have local staff, local offices. But when it comes to storing your data, they flick it over to a massive server farm in the United States, or Australia, or China.
That presents a few problems:
- You’re under obligation to keep some types of data in New Zealand. (See, for example, the Law Society’s cloud computing guidelines.) An overseas server farm won’t cut it.
- Data kept overseas is subject to the laws of that country, and any countries it passes through. How up-to-speed are you about the latest privacy laws and scrutiny powers of the United States, or Australia, or China? How confident are you in their law-makers and governments?
- You’re dependent on connections between you and the other countries – and those can fail.
- There’s one more link in the chain between you and your data.
- It’ll take just that little bit longer to access your data or apps.
But it’s not a problem with CommArc. We keep all your data right here in our secure Auckland and Christchurch data centres.
Some providers with New Zealand offices aren’t actually New Zealand-based
They might be a local subsidiary of a larger overseas company. Or even one of those truly massive global corporations.
They might not only treat you as a small fish, their entire New Zealand operation might be a small fish. And the way they go about business might not have your best interests in mind.
We’re 100% New Zealand
We’re 100%-New Zealand based. All our owners are here in New Zealand. All our offices are here in New Zealand. All our staff – including phone support – are here in New Zealand.
So when you’re looking for an IT partner, do some careful research about who you’re really dealing with. We’ll be proud to chat with you over a coffee about our history, our structure, our ethos and our people.