A dedicated hosted server
With CloudServer, you can replace your on-premise servers with cloud-connected servers housed in our secure data centres. Your office is connected to our data centre with a high-speed internet connection, linking you to your files, applications, printers and databases just as if they were kept in your office.
How a CommArc hosted IT system can benefit your business
No need for servers in your office.
You’ll have more space and won’t have to worry about associated overheads such as power and climate control.
Greater reliability – your servers will remain available.
We’ve designed every part of our cloud to keep your system working if something goes wrong. Your system is much more likely to stay online in the event of disaster than it would if hosted in your offices.
- The power stays on. Our data centres have redundant power supplies with automatic generator fail-safes.
- The internet stays on, so you stay connected. Internet is delivered by multiple providers via multiple internet routers. Automatic failovers ensure that if something goes wrong, something else takes over.
- Redundant physical servers to take over if needed. Your server images will restart automatically on standby physical servers if a physical server fails.
- Protection from fire, flood, theft and vandalism.
You’ll receive great performance.
We have the experience, expertise and top-of-the-line infrastructure to ensure your systems perform well and fast.
We back-up your systems automatically so you don’t risk losing your data.
Your cloud servers receive our backup service.
- We back up each server in its entirety. We can carry out a “bare metal restore” if required – that means we can copy your entire system straight across to another piece of hardware without needing to install any extra operating systems or software.
- Daily back ups to disk. We retain the week to date on disk so you can restore quickly.
- Daily, weekly and monthly back ups to tape. We store these tapes securely offsite. We rotate and replace the daily tapes every two days and weekly tapes on a monthly basis. Monthly tapes are archived permanently.
- Restore individual files on request. If you accidentally delete or change something, we can provide you with an older version.
Grow your systems as you need.
Over time, your storage needs will increase. Rather than buying the storage capacity you’ll need in a few years’ time, you can just pay for what you use. When you need more storage, we provide it seamlessly – you don’t have to worry about the hardware and installation costs of a traditional server storage upgrade.
When you want to refresh your system – for example, with a new operating system – you won’t have the hardware costs you’d have with an on-premise server. Hardware is often the biggest cost in a system refresh and the biggest source of delay.
We look after the hardware so you don’t have to.
We maintain and upgrade server hardware to keep it operating at an optimal level. You don’t incur any additional costs for hardware replacement, repair or warranties.
We monitor your servers so you don’t have to.
We monitor our cloud hardware and networks 24/7 with a technician on-call. So if something goes wrong, we know about it right away – and we know what to do about it.
A reliable, New Zealand-hosted service
Your cloud server will be hosted in a CommArc data centre in Auckland or Christchurch – or both, if you’d like added reliability. Because it’s hosted in New Zealand, you won’t face any issues of data sovereignty.
We make it easy to move
Getting rid of your on-premise servers might sound daunting. But it’s okay – we take care of everything and make sure it works as you need it. Then once it’s in place, we support and maintain it.
Prefer to keep using your own servers?
If you’d like to keep your own servers but get the benefits of keeping them offsite, colocation is for you: your hardware stored in our data centres.