A fully-managed online, cloud solution for data backup.
CloudBackup automatically backs-up your data to a fully-managed offsite cloud environment. You get peace of mind without the hassle of tapes.
Benefits of CloudBackup
- Make things easier on yourself. You don’t have to do anything because CommArc manages your backups.
- Minimal transfer time. Only data that has changed since the last backup is transferred to CommArc.
- Easier to grow. If your backup needs increase, you only need to increase your local backup storage. CommArc takes care of things on the cloud end by providing you more space as you need it.
- No need to deal with physical backups like tapes. Backups are automatically sent offsite daily, so you don’t need to take a tape home with you.
- Secure. Our data centres are secure and we follow strict processes to protect your data’s privacy.
How CloudBackup works
Your backups are first stored locally on your onsite backup server. If you need to restore quickly, you can do so from here.
Once these nightly backups are complete they are then copied automatically to multiple servers in CommArc’s secure New Zealand-based data centres. If one server or data centre has any issues, your backups will be safe on another.
You can configure retention points (restore points) as daily, weekly or monthly – just as you would with a conventional tape backup system.
Plus: as an optional service, each month we can replicate the offsite backups to long-term tape storage which we store in a secure vault.
A reliable, New Zealand-hosted service
CloudBackup runs from multiple servers in our secure data centres in Auckland and Christchurch. If our Auckland servers are out of action for any reason the Christchurch servers take over – and vice-versa. Plus because it’s hosted in New Zealand, you won’t face any issues of data sovereignty.
Looking for a full disaster recovery option?
Our TotalDR service may be for you. This provides nightly replication of your on-premise VMWare virtual machines.