Welcome to our birthday celebrations!
If you’ve found your way here, you must be interested in entering our birthday art competition, which is great news!
The competition is open to all CommArc staff, clients, and families.
It’s worth entering because we’ve got an amazing prize up for grabs, and the chance to join us for our 25th birthday party in October.
There are some details that we should probably cover off:
- The competition is open to all CommArc staff, clients, suppliers and their families.
- Artwork must be completed and delivered to CommArc’s offices at 118 Wrights Rd, Addington, Christchurch, in exhibition condition, by September 30 for judging and preparation for the exhibition.
- Artwork can be any medium – photos, painting, sculpture, performance, etc and must be an original piece by the person submitting the artwork.
- The dual themes of the competition are 25 and technology. Artwork should encompass one or both of these themes in some way.
- CommArc will award the winner a brand new 13″MacBook, with $250 cash for the People’s Choice Award.
- Finalist artwork will be displayed at the CommArc birthday celebrations in October. Winners will be announced at the cocktail evening and finalists will be invited to the evening.
- Judges will be CommArc CEO Phil Johnson and a mystery judge to be announced.
- The judges’ decision is final and no bribery, collusion or intimidation will be entered into.
- Judges will select the finalists to be exhibited at the birthday evening and those finalists will be notified and invited to attend by October 10.
- Artwork entries will be shared on our social channels. Entry indicates the artist’s willingness to share their masterpieces with the wider public.
- You can enter as many times as you like. In the event that we are inundated with entries, we may only select the best one or two pieces from you.
- Completed artwork may be returned to the artist (at the artist’s cost) or auctioned online for a charity of the winner’s choice. Please advise at time of entry if you would like your artwork returned.
Please register your interest by August 31 with an indication of what type of artwork you plan to enter so we can be sure to have appropriate exhibition space available to you. If you’re under the age of 16, please get your parent or caregiver to complete the entry so we can chase them up if you procrastinate too badly.